We are excited to announce that our annual bookmark contest is open for entries! This is a fantastic opportunity for all Ripley County students from kindergarten through 12th grade to showcase their creativity and design skills.
As always, the designs should be themed around the fun and adventure of reading, books, or Tyson Library. So, students are encouraged to unleash their imaginations and come up with a design that best embodies one of these themes. Show us and the community what reading means to you! (Here’s a hint for anyone who doesn’t know where to start: What is the first book or story that pops into your head when you think about reading?)
- Design MUST fit in a space 8 inches by 2 inches (like the box included on the printable form)
- Limit 1 drawing per person
- Designs can be hand or computer drawn in color or black & white using ink, crayon, paint, or other media. (Note: pencil drawings are often not reproducible, thus NOT accepted.)
- Submitted drawings must have the child’s name, grade, and parent’s signature (authorizing the library to use the winning drawing)
The contest is a great way for young people to showcase their artistic abilities while promoting the joy of reading and community involvement. The winning bookmarks for each age category will be printed and made available to library patrons throughout the year as Tyson Library’s official bookmarks for 2024.
We can’t wait to see the amazing designs that our talented students will come up with. Entries are open from now until Wednesday, March 20 at 6 p.m., so be sure to submit your designs before the deadline. Good luck to all participants, and happy designing!
- Entries due: Wednesday, March 20 by 6 p.m.
- Winners notified by phone by: April 2
- Reception for winners and their families: April 10 at Tyson Activity Center (Invitation-only event)
Entry forms are available at the check out desk and online (see PDF below). They can be turned in at the check out desk or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to Miss Aly, as well.