The library has several meeting rooms which are available for public use during library hours.
- Small conference room seating capacity 6
- Gallery room seating capacity 24
- Large meeting room seating capacity 48+.
Who May Use the Rooms
Fees and Charges
Library fees for room use by businesses or for-profit organizations:
- $15.00 for meeting scheduled for less than four hours
- $25.00 for meeting scheduled for more than four hours
Charges by user:
No general admission may be charged for meetings held at the library. No buying or selling is permitted, without prior approval from the Library Director. Membership dues and/or registration fees covering the cost of materials or speakers are acceptable. The library staff is not responsible for the collection of such fees.
Procedures for Scheduling a Meeting Room
- Meeting rooms are scheduled on a first-come first-served basis.
- Contact the library during regular library hours to schedule a meeting room and to receive a room use form or
submit an online reservation form.
- A "room use form" must be completed and on file in the library no later than two business days before the program's date. A copy will be returned to the requestor for their records.
- Only three consecutive meetings will be scheduled at a time.
- Meeting rooms will not be scheduled more than 90 days in advance.
Conditions of Use
- Meeting rooms are available only during the hours the library is open to the public, unless otherwise approved by the Library Director. Meetings must begin no earlier than ½ hour after the library opens and end no later than ½ hour before the library closes.
- No smoking is permitted in the library building.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in meeting rooms during scheduled meetings. Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed by non-library sponsored groups.
- Each group is responsible for damages to facilities and equipment and for provision of clean up.
- Children must be accompanied by a care giver in the library. Adults attending meetings must not leave children unsupervised in the library.
- Groups and/or individuals using the meeting rooms may arrange the chairs and tables to suit their own purpose. Following the meeting the chairs and tables are to be returned to their original arrangement unless otherwise specified by the library staff.
- All rooms have access to restrooms and kitchenette.
- The library's audio-visual equipment, projection equipment, easels, television and related equipment may be used when arrangements are made in advance. Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Items are not to be nailed, taped, tacked or otherwise attached to walls or other parts of the meeting rooms without permission from the Library Director.
- Use of the meeting rooms does not constitute library endorsement of the viewpoints expressed by participants in the program.
- Meetings may be monitored by library staff to ensure compliance with these policies.
Approved: 4/15/2003 - Tyson Library Board of Trustees